Random Thoughts:
I’ve developed a theory that people pass from this world in perfect harmony with their inability to comprehend the technological advances in society. As more advances take place and we seniors no longer can follow them all, we move on. It almost seems like “Ray Bradbury presents the Natural Order of Things”.
When I look out from inside my eyes I am much younger, thinner, and more attractive than when I look in the mirror or at pictures of myself. I am trying to learn to comb my hair, shave, and brush my teeth without looking in the mirror. A few razor cuts are a small price to pay for youth.
I have grown to really resent drivers who tailgate me when I am going five miles over the limit in the extreme right lane of the interstate. I have taken to imperceptibly slowing down to the speed limit just to piss them off. I am passive aggressive…I admit it.
I haven’t told many people that I have cancer (other than 76 facebook friends and 10 people from work). What I mean is that almost everybody I work with and all the personnel at the churches I work with have no idea. It has been very interesting to observe the reaction of the people who do know. Previously they would greet me with a very enthusiastic and hearty “Hey, how ya doin’!”. Now the words are the same but they are said in almost funereal tones. It reminds me of the lyric from the old Joe Walsh song, “everybody’s so different, I haven’t changed”. Guys, I appreciate the concern but I’m fine! I don’t even qualify for a handicapped placard…and I’d really like one of those!
Writing a blog is turning out to be one of the best things I’ve ever done. For the past few years I had become both bored and boring. Just ask Kathie. I had no hobbies other than watching TV, coffee beans and roasting them, and taking naps. Now I find that I really look forward to sitting at the computer and getting my thoughts out. Sort of like a geriatric Doogie Howser. Tonight I even wrote this instead of watching “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”, a show I seldom miss. However, it IS time for “Jeopardy!”, so I’ve got to go.
I'm really glad you're keeping a blog, too!
ReplyDelete--d